Slow Cooker Chicken Obsession
This recipe is from the Slow Cooker Central site where it is posted as a dish for lamb. We can’t get lamb here, but can get breasts of chicken so with only one omission this became Chicken Obsession. Allan loves it and would probably eat it every week if I made it for him.
The link to the original recipe on the Slow Cooker Central site is Slow Cooker Central and this will link you to lots of really great slow cooker recipes and resources, too.
- 4 – 6 chicken breasts (you can use on and off the bone, thigh pieces, drumsticks or any part of the chicken you choose)
- 1 can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (do not add water) – I also have used cream of chicken, or celery, or broccoli soup depending on what I have to hand
- 1 40g pack of dry Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 diced onion
- 1 can mushroom slices (optional)
This does not taste like mushroom if you use the cream of mushroom soup, so I add a can of mushroom slices or fresh mushrooms if I can get them.
Put the chicken in the bottom of the crock. You can spray the crock lightly with oil to help prevent the food sticking and to make clean up easier.
Add the diced onion. Combine the rest and pour over the chicken and onions.
Cook on high for approximately 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Timing depends on your individual slow cooker as some run hotter than others.