Fried Chicken Stew
Fried Chicken is always popular. Pair it with a hearty vegetable stew and you have a really easy, satisfying meal that gets smiles every time.
- Potatoes – two or three per person and a couple for the pot
- Carrots – one per person and one for the pot
- Onions – half to one per person and one for the pot
- Vegetable Stock
Dice onions and saute until translucent.
Add sliced carrots and diced potatoes with stock.
Bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are tender. I always cut the potatoes different sizes so some will almost ‘melt’ into the stew.
For best results, make the day before serving.
- Chicken wings or legs or thighs or breast strips
- Salt and pepper
- Seasonings of your choice – I used ‘parmesan and herb’ seasoning for this
Mix flour, salt, pepper and seasoning to taste together.
Dredge chicken in flour and shake to remove excess.
Fry in oil preheated to 375 degrees until chicken is cooked and flour is lightly golden.