Sister (And Brother!)hood of the World Bloggers Award
This morning I opened my browser to discover that Teresa of “Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen” had nominated me for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”. It was very sweet of her and I thanked her immediately, looking forward to being able to pass this on to the great blogs that I read.
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 12 – 14 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
Here are the 10 questions:
- What is your favorite color? My favorite color is every shade of pink – this was Teresa’s answer too!
- Your favorite animal? I would say my Bob and Echo, but as I constantly remind my poor, long suffering husband they are not animals, they are a puppy boy and girl. So, instead, I will go with one of my totem animals, the elephant.
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drinks? Water
- Facebook or Twitter? I just can’t get into Twitter, though I am backing off from Facebook a bit as well recently.
- Your favourite pattern? The ones that dance around the room, made by sunlight coming through the crystals I have in the windows.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? I love giving, it is such fun to try to find just the right thing for someone special.
- Your favourite number? 7, the number of our wedding!
- Your favorite day of the week? Any day I get to spend with Allan. Saturday is good, as there is still Sunday ahead.
- Your favorite flower? Calla lillies, our wedding flower. And daffodils, so cheerful and full of smiles and life.
- What is your passion? Allan, which I know is going to make a friend of ours gag. Also, cooking, writing, quilting.
And just because I can, I am adding one more question:
Why did you start to write your blog?
Here are the Bloggers I nominate:
Check out the blogs below for lots of great recipes.
- Teresa of “Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen” nominated me and I am nominating her back, not because she nominated me, but because not only is her blog full of recipes that make me NEED to try them but it is beautiful; the photography just makes the food leap out of the screen at you. Teresa also has a kitchen that I think anyone would love to have. Check out the wide range of amazing recipes and on her beautiful blog. The recipe that I most want to try next is: http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2012/12/25/pineapple-cream-cheese-dessert/
- “Happiness Stan Lives Here” is the next nomination I would like to make. You really have to check out this blog. It mixes great recipes with real life posts and is always a joy to visit and spend time browsing. The picture of the chocolate cake on the top of the blog alone is enough reason to check it out. The recipe that currently is screaming at me, “make me!” from here is: http://happinessstanlives.com/2013/01/18/winter-warmers-giant-yorkshire-puddings-with-giant-carrots/#more-4304. Yorkshire Puddings?! Yes, please!
- “Frugal Feeding” is my next nomination. Despite the fact that he is most definitely not a sister, I had to include the blog. For many reasons, including the fact that he achieves what I set out to do and constantly fail at, but reading her blog makes me feel that there is still hope for me. And also, man alive!, how amazing are his pictures and recipes?! The one calling to me most at the moment is: http://frugalfeeding.com/2012/09/20/apple-and-cinnamon-chutney/
- “Homemade Delish“ is my next nomination. And the reasons are many. The blog is beautiful, covers wine and beer as well as amazing food and deserves a look if you are not already following it. The post I am craving to try is: http://homemadedelish.com/2013/01/09/spinach-and-red-pepper-balls/
- “Cook Eat and Live Vegetarian” is my next nomination. A blog that delights everytime. Again, beautiful photography and recipes that just make me want to ask if they take in boarders. There is so much to say about this site, but I reckon that you should just have a look and enjoy it for yourself! The recipe that has my name on it right now is: http://foodblogandthedog.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/apple-vanilla-and-cinnamon-spelt-flour-galette/
- “Pure Complex” is the next. You have got to read this blog, really, if you don’t you will never know what wonders you have missed. It is a wonderful mix of everything from food to art to general awesomeness. The recipe that I am eyeing up as a soon to be taken on project from this blog is: http://purecomplex.com/2013/01/11/layered-baked-buffalo-chicken-nachos/ – because I know that Allan would worship me forever after eating these!
- “Chica Andaluza” is another must read blog. It is so exotic and full of things that just make me want to read more and more. I love that it is based in Spain and has therefore an edge of exotica on top of the beauty and love of the food. This recipe is just calling my name and right now it is being pretty persistent! http://chicaandaluza.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/veggie-garden-eggs/
- “eASYbAKED” is actually a site that I approach only when I have just eaten. Otherwise it would send me scurrying to the kitchen within seconds and I cannot eat that may amazing baked goods! I could, but I shouldn’t, so I try to be sensible. But this blog is one I always look forward to spending some time with. You have to visit if you don’t already. But I warn you, you do so at your own risk!! The recipe (who am I kidding there are about ten…) most calling to me at the moment is: http://easybaked.net/2011/07/09/raspberry-truffle-tart/ And now you see my problem… I need this!!
- “The Garum Factory” is next up. And again, beautiful photography of absolutely amazing food. I can’t even think of enough good things to say about this blog, but you have to visit. You have to, it’s the law. And the recipe tempting me most at the moment: http://thegarumfactory.net/2012/05/25/sweet-pea-bruschetta-with-lime-toast/
- “Bewitching Kitchen” is another blog that I look forward to reading. It has a range of every type of recipe, food for every occasion you can imagine and then a few more. The recipe I have been looking forward to trying most at the moment is: http://bewitchingkitchen.com/2012/02/24/cauliflower-steaks/
- “Uni Homemaker” is a blog I have only been following for a short time, so I haven’t had time to read back to the beginning, which I plan to do. But what I have read so far has made me smile and want to try out the recipes many times already. The current “make me or die” recipe here is: http://unihomemaker.com/2013/01/10/goat-cheese-and-scallion-muffins/
- “The Refined Palate” is a blog that reminds me of a glossy magazine. And it inspires me, as do all the blogs I have listed here. This blog has beautiful photography, beautiful recipes. There is so much to say about this blog, discover for yourself what I mean. The recipe I am most craving from here at the moment is: http://therefinedpalate.com/2013/01/17/ew-broccoli/ Simple but so delicious!
- “Hot Cheap and Easy” could not be left from my top blog list. It is all that it says it is and more. http://hotcheapeasy.com/2011/08/30/two-fer-tuesday-chickpea-and-tahini-ii-and-balsamic-dressing-for-tomatoes/ is just something I have to make and make again.
- “The Wednesday Baker” cannot be left from this list. The site is full of amazing baked goods that make me gain pounds just looking at the pictures! There are several things I need to make from the blog but I am choosing is very recent: http://thewednesdaybaker.blogspot.ca/2013/01/blueberry-cream-cheese-bread.html