Cheese and Bean Burritos
I was making a beef dish for Allan to be served with tortillas, so decided to make this for me.
I made one change. I hate black beans. I think they are too salty, and that is amazing coming from someone who has spent their life being lectured about the amount of salt they eat.
Kidney beans are much more my preference, so they replaced the suggested vile black beans. I probably should give black beans another chance, but not yet. One day…
I didn’t have advocado. I wished I did, but again one day…
Bean and Cheese Burritos
• 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained
• 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa
• 1/2 tsp cumin powder
• 1 3/4 cup leftover pre-cooked rice
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
• shredded iceburg lettuce (optional)
• approximately 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
• avocado slices (optional)
• 6-8 flour tortillas
In a large skillet or frying pan over low heat, combine the black beans, salsa and cumin powder, stirring to combine.
Add the leftover rice and allow to cook just until hot.
Spoon the rice and beans mixture onto the flour tortillas, dividing evenly.
Top each tortilla with some grated cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and two or three slices of avocado.