I have no idea why this is called Cowboy Pasta. Maybe it is because it is all cooked in one pot. It doesn’t matter though.
Allan loved it. Enough to have a second helping.
Bob and he shared a look as Allan was about to take the last bite. Allan was generous and shared.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (10 oz/284 ml) Condensed Low Fat Cream of Broccoli Soup – I used Mushroom Soup
- ¾ cup (175mL) Chunky Mild Salsa
- 2 cups (500mL) water
- 2½ cups (600mL) frozen vegetables – I used peas
- 2 cups (500mL) uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 tsp (10mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
1. Brown beef well in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
3. Simmer covered, until pasta is fully cooked – about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and keeping pasta under surface of liquid.
4. Serve with heaps of grated cheese.